This Kete is a community built digital library of community, arts, cultural and heritage resources for and about Hamilton, New Zealand.
The Site is about sharing content and therefore we have adopted the Creative Commons Licence to govern how material is used on the Kete site. You should read the Kete Terms and Conditions for further detail.
The Kete library contains items:
- Audio recordings
- Video recordings
- URLs of web resources
Items are uploaded to Kete by anybody with an internet connection, and in any common file format.
The digital library also contains:
- Topics (articles on a subject, person, place, event or thing)
- Discussion or comments
Topics are like collaboratively written encyclopedia articles. They are written online by anyone at all, and can be edited by other Kete users. Wikipedia is a good example of collaboratively written material.
All Topics and Items can be 'flagged' to the attention of the Kete administrators, if you think it contains inappropriate material.
In the interim though, you will need to search these databases individually by clicking on the links above.
There are many ways to use this Kete:
- Search or browse the collection
- Register for RSS feeds of changes to items or topics
- Comment and discuss items and topics
- Tag existing items and topics with keyword search terms
- Edit existing items and topics
- Link existing items and topics together
- Link existing topics together
- Add new items of any format
- Write new topics or articles on any subject you like
Before you get started you should also read our House Rules.
Kete is being developed very rapidly; more rapidly than this manual, so keep coming back!