Topic: Amanda Avenue

Topic type:

Amanda Avenue was named in 1978 by Hamilton City Council after the daughter of P.V. Harkness, Amanda.

Amanda Avenue was originally named Gibson Road in 1973 as part of the subdivision built by P.V. Harkness.  The property was a crown grant. (Lands & Surveys)  This name was changed in 1978 by Hamilton City Council when the property was bought by Prestige Homes Ltd.  (HCC) The street was named after Amanda Harkness, the daughter of the original owner, P.V. Harkness.  (HCL) (WCC)

This street is located in the Hamilton, New Zealand suburb of Dinsdale. 

The image above was retrieved from Google maps street view c. 2011. Amanda Avenue is located here on Google maps.

Reference

Hamilton City Council (1978). Minutes. Hamilton, New Zealand.

Hamilton City Libraries (2011). Heritage street name index cards. Hamilton, New Zealand.

New Zealand Lands & Surveys Department. Survey Map. (1864)

Waipa County Council (1973). Minutes. Waipa County, New Zealand.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Tags

Amanda Avenue


City:Hamilton, New Zealand
Name:Amanda Avenue
Subject:Street names-New Zealand-Hamilton