What do we mean by "Your Data"?
"Your Data" means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, Kete user name, password, comments, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us.
When do we collect Your Data?
We collect Your Data from you when you:
- register on this Kete website
- post an entry, message or comment on this website
- make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback whether to other users or to us through this site
- choose to disclose your data to us through our website or any other point.
How does Hamilton City Libraries use Your Data?
We use Your Data to:
- monitor, develop and improve this kete website
- administer your registration as a this Kete User
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you
- monitor and investigate any suspected breach of this kete Terms and Conditions or House Rules.
Please note that although we do not monitor or vett entries and communications placed on or sent via this kete website, we do reserve the right to randomly check, amend, edit or remove information or data on the website that comes to our attention and is in breach or potentially in breach of this kete Terms and Conditions or House Rules; and we may ask carefully selected third parties to undertake such activities for us.
Will Hamilton City Libraries pass Your Data to third parties?
Hamilton City Libraries may pass Your Data to other people as follows:
- Your user name will be visible on this kete website against any entries that you post and this will be the identity by which you are known on the website and will therefore be available to any other users of the website. We strongly recommend that you do not use your full name or disclose any other personal details about yourself that you do not want to be visible and available to other viewers.
- To our employees, agents and partners to administer this Kete website now or in the future.
- In some cases we may use a technical partner to conduct some processing of Your Data on our behalf in providing the services and website, but this is always subject to strict contractual control.
- Some general statistical information about this kete user base, use patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you.
- We may disclose Your Data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers, your parents, teacher or legal guardian in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of this kete Terms and Conditions by you.
Always think carefully before disclosing Your Data or other information to other kete users or posting Your Data on this kete website. It is important that you are aware that any of Your Data or other information which you choose to disclose on the website may then be viewed and even used by other kete users. As stated in this kete Terms and Conditions Hamilton City Libraries has no control over the contents of communications made between users although you can make a complaint about another user as detailed in this kete Terms and Conditions.
You must respect the privacy of others and you should not disclose any personal details about other people that may be misleading or cause them harm or offence. It is your responsibility to obtain their prior permission in respect of any mention of them where relevant.
Other than in the circumstances outlined above we will not provide Your Data to any third party without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
Hamilton City Libraries endeavours to take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All the Data collected by us is stored on a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Third party information
Information you contribute to this Kete may well be supplemented with information from other kete Users. This collaborative building of data is a fundamental concept of this Kete.
Access to and Updating Your Data
You may access and update Your Data by selecting "view your profile." You must make sure that you update Your Data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Please be aware that this Kete may link to other web sites, which may be accessed by you through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.
Hamilton City Libraries
PO Box 933